// kinemotik studios is looking for contractors_
// contract opportunity 01_
if you are a dedicated problem solver, read on…
what we need
Unity / VR Diagnostics Engineer
We are seeking Unity developers with experience in investigating and diagnosing a wide array of difficult bugs, such as random crashes, on either PC or Android platforms, or both. Experience with VR platforms such as Steam VR and Oculus is a major plus.
Qualified applicants should have experience diagnosing issues with Unity 3D projects on one or more of the following platforms:
- Steam VR (OpenXR)
- Android / Oculus Quest (using logcat, tombstone files, etc.)
- Negotiable based on experience: $60 USD/hr (or equivalent for per-issue compensation)
- Compensation will be either on a per-issue basis, or by retainer to be consumed at an agreed-upon hourly rate as issues arise and services are required.
term and scope
The term and scope of work will be on a per-issue basis as issues arise. We currently have a small handful of pending issues we are ready to delegate immediately to qualified applicants.
// contract opportunity 04_
if you’re a shader wiz, read on…
what we need
Shader / VFX Artist
We are seeking a technical artist adept in creating shaders and VFX art.
We are actively developing our VR game to bring it to full release and would love some help getting it completely polished. To do this, we have decided to bring on a contract or freelance technical artist to help with a variety of developmental tasks over the next several months in preparation.
To facilitate communication and avoid delays during review, please include the following when applying:
- Preferred working hours / time zone
- Availability / available start date
- Freelance rate range
- CV and portfolio
- Develop specific shaders and VFX according to design and performance specifications
- Experience writing shaders for Unity’s URP using advanced techniques, such as SDF, raymarching, etc.
- Ability to create highly-optimized shaders and effects for low-end hardware, and compatible with VR stereo rendering
- Knowledge of Unity’s entity, C# jobs, and Burst compiler systems (DOTS)
Negotiable, based on experience and preferred freelance rate.
The term and scope of work will be on a per-task basis as need arises.
We have immediate tasks in development that could use assitance.
// contract opportunity 05_
AUDIO INFO EXTRACTION PROJECT
for those who know audio on a deep level…
what we need
Audio Information Extraction
We are seeking a software engineer with unique experience / interest to develop a specific set of tools for audio information extraction.
Develop a set of software tools capable of running on multiple platforms (Windows, Android, etc) with the following features:
- High-accuracy tempo/beat detection (including audio with shifting/dynamic tempo)
- Detect repeating melodies within a song
- Characterization of sections of music according to relative loudness and freneticism
Negotiable, based on experience and preferred hourly rate.
This is a single project that will be complete upon delivery of the final set of developed tools.
// we roam and create_
Current time zone...
Have something to tell us?